Just got home from nearly 24 hours out on the pavement. The company was wonderful all night and the line got mega-long come daybreak.
Despite my pout above, I am honored to claim Third One @ One First behind Rob and Larken. They flew out from Malibu, CA, to see McDonald and hit the concrete at 5:30am yesterday. Champions, both of them!
A few notes:
- Look for Adam Liptak of the NYT to scoop my vox populi column tonight or tomorrow. He came out last night and this morning to cover F1@1F and the line experience more generally.
- There were far fewer gun rights supporters in line than I expected. I deeply enjoyed getting to know those who were there, however.
- Huge thanks to ABA Journal for buying the line pizza last night!
- Thanks to Josh Blackman for teaming up with me to deliver some fun overnight coverage. Check out joshblackman.com for some more video and commentary.
- Dick Heller came out to entertain the linegoers last night and this morning. He was especially a hit among the fifteen high schoolers from Cupertino, CA, that braved the cold overnight wait.
- Predictions for McDonald are all over the place, from 5-4 to 9-0. The only thing everyone agrees upon is that the Second Amendment will be incorporated against the states.
- Finally, I think I got the makings of the first Supreme Court Side Walk episode. I hope to have it up here in some fashion by the week’s end.
Time to dethaw, get clean, suit up, and head back out.