Back home now for a few thoughts, a warm shower, a quick eat, and a cheap suit.
- Man, I really miscalculated on this one. My plan was to get out to the Court at 11pm so to beat the lone wolves that I expected would show up around 1am. But around 7:45pm last night, while the First Lady of First One @ One First and I were cooking dinner and watching an episode of The Wire, Josh Blackman sends me a text message telling me that he heard about 30 people had already lined up on the First Street sidewalk. Per this intelligence, the FLOF1@1F and I expedited our evening so to get me to the Court at 9pm. The intelligence proved accurate. I ultimately took placeholder #34.
- The first ones in line were a group of ten undergraduates from a constitutional law course at Eastern University in Radnor, PA. They arrived at noon. A few lone wolf law students from American University arrived a few hours later, followed at 6:30pm by a pack of Christian Legal Society members from across the country. By dawn, the line wrapped around East Capitol.
- I got some good interviews for the Vox Populi column and a few decent videos for the next episodes of Supreme Court Side Walk.
- The sprinklers that terrorized me during my overnight for the Citizens United rehearing in September made their return at 1:23 this morning. I only got a modest misting this time around. The same can’t be said for those who dethroned me.
- It’s always too cold out there, no matter how warm it gets relative to January’s deepest freeze.
I’ll have my reports from inside and outside of the Court up at the ABA Journal tonight and tomorrow. Stay connected to F1@1F for the links.