Back home for a quick dose of warm. A few thoughts on the Monsanto Company v. Geertson Seed Farms line:
- Monsanto is this term’s lone environmental law case. Last term, environmentalists went 0-5 at the Court. This one’s looking like a loss for them as well. The only question, really, is how badly they will lose. The environmentally-friendly Justice Stevens, in his penultimate oral argument of his career, will likely be at least one vote in dissent.
- Monsanto‘s a mid-major case with a blockbuster line start time. If it weren’t for a handful of my GULC peers, I wouldn’t have had to get to the Court at 9:30 last night and suffer through an hourlong rainstorm to reclaim my throne after last week’s FAIL@1F. But then again, I haven’t yet been subject to any elements other than the cold since starting this project, so rain on a warm-ish April night is better than on a frigid January morning.
- The first non-GULCers showed up around 4:30am. Must’ve been nice…
- Nearly all law students in line, so no Vox Populi column for this case.
- BUT keep an eye out towards the end of the week at WhoRunsGov.com for a video Vox Pop by journalist Beth Marlowe.
Shower, shave, suit, Court.