My name is Mike Sacks. I am recent Georgetown Law graduate interested in legal journalism and the intersection of law and politics. For my final year in law school, I had no morning classes. As such, I took advantage of living only minutes from the Supreme Court to pursue a rather unorthodox extracurricular activity: reporting from the Court as the first one in line at One First Street. Ever since, First One @ One First has provided reports from oral argument, stories from the Supreme Court sidewalk, and snap-analysis of all things SCOTUS.
Read F1@1F’s “Mission Statement” here.
F1@1F has been featured in:
- The New York Times: “Tailgating Outside the Court, without Cars,” “Step Away from the Courthouse Doors,” & “Sotomayor Guides Court’s Liberal Wing“
- National Public Radio: The Story with Dick Gordon & The Kojo Nnamdi Show
- The ABA Journal: Online Author Page & May 2010 Issue Profile
- Washington Post’s WhoRunsGov/PostPolitics: “The People and the Court“
- Los Angeles Times: “TV Cameras in the Supreme Court Would Show More Than Just Proceedings“
- The Atlantic’s Politics Channel: “Elena Kagan and the ‘Vapid and Hollow Charade’“
- Slate: “Speeding Locomotive“
- Volokh Conspiracy: “New Blog: First One @ One First,” “The Line for Oral Arguments in McDonald v. City of Chicago,” & “C-Span Interviews Justice Kagan“
- Above the Law: Law Student of the Day; Guest Columnist – Guide To SCOTUS Seats Parts I & II
- Concurring Opinions: BRIGHT IDEAS: Mike Sacks on Supreme Court Reporting from the Front Lines
- The Blog of the Legal Times: “Morning Wrap: Steps to Nowhere“
- Newsy.com: “Liberal Voices Dominating Debate in U.S. Supreme Court“
- Business Insider: “Q&A: Georgetown 3L Aims to Be First in Supreme Court Line“
- Law.com: “Georgetown 3L Becoming the Ultimate Supreme Court Watcher“; “Legal Blogs Are Dead! Long Live Legal Blogs!“
- LexBlog: “Law Student Makes Mark with Supreme Court Blog“
Reporting beyond F1@1F:
- Christian Science Monitor: Cover Story, “Should the Supreme Court Look More Like America?” June 28, 2010, issue.
- Christian Science Monitor: “Health Care Law Goes on Trial“; “What If Terry Jones Goes to Sweden?” October 4, 2010, issue.
- ABA Journal: “By Dawn’s Light“; “The Ultimate Field Trip” October 2010 issue
- The Green Bag 2011 Almanac & Reader: “Recommended Reading – News & Editorial“
- The 2010 ABA Journal Blawg 100: Court Watch Honoree
Contact me at email@example.com.